Working together with the art leads, designers, and animators, the character artist is responsible for creating visually stunning 3d characters and interactive gameplay models that both closely capture the “look” and artistic style of the concept art, as well as efficiently satisfy all technical engine and animation requirements.
A successful candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of sculptural form, anatomy, and a familiarity with and ability to work in a wide range of artistic styles. A high attention to detail and strong technical and artistic problem solving abilities are equally important for the position.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Strong technical modeling skills (extremely clean mesh, uvs, and scene organization are a must)
- Strong understanding of game character creation (retopology for ideal rigging deformation and to convincingly support normal maps)
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Software: Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop (or comparable programs)
- Strong traditional sculpture, drawing, painting, and texturing skills are a plus
- Working on a new project in a creative atmosphere
- Opportunities for career growth
- A comfortable office, not far from Olympiyska subway station
- Flexible working hours
- 18 work days of paid vacation per year