Volmi — A Virtuos Studio is a Ukrainian company, part of the global game development company Virtuos, specializing in creating art for games. We cooperate with game industry leaders, participate in the creation of world-class projects and continue to grow our talented team.
We are seeking a talented Lead 3D Character Artist who is willing to share their expertise and mentor artists to help pave the way towards our new goals.
• Work with the Art Director and other stakeholders to create high quality
• Model and texture game-ready character assets from provided concept
• Take in and iterate on feedback given by Art Director or other
• 3+ years experience in high quality character modeling;
• Expert knowledge of anatomy, form, silhouette design, and detail
• Exceptional sculpting and poly modeling skills for generating organic and
hard surface character assets;
• Comprehensive knowledge of multiple major 3D and 2D packages (3DS
Max or Maya, Zbrush, Photoshop, and Substance) and techniques for
Characters, Creatures, and Costuming;
• Demonstrated experience creating PBR textures and a strong
understanding of the PBR texturing workflow;
• Deep technical knowledge of modern pipelines, workflows, and techniques
for developing characters with clean topology;
• Ideal candidate can execute an accurate version of an approved concept
design and elevate it to a refined level in game-ready 3D;
• A comprehensive understanding of and solid experience with materials in
• Self-motivated and diligent, with established habits for tracking one’s own
tasks and seeking out answers when needed;
• A team player and receptive to the iterative nature of making
games with a willingness to jump into a variety of roles outside of normal
daily tasks when the need or opportunity arises.
Will be a plus:
• Experience with facial expressions, deformations, emotions, and blend
• Opportunity to work on world-class game projects;
• Career and professional growth;
• Flexible working hours;
• Fully remote work or from a stunning office in the center of Kyiv;
• 20 working days of paid vacation and 10 paid sick days;
• 50% compensation for professional training&courses;
• Friendly and inspiring atmosphere in the team.
If you are seeking an opportunity to work in a collaborative environment, we invite you to apply for this role and join our team of like-minded people. We are waiting for your CV and portfolio!