Wanted: Senior Material Artist, talented and motivated, to work with us on a new AAA shooter based on a brand-new IP.
Meet Our Studio
Back in 2012, a bunch of game industry veterans from Ukraine started VG Entertainment. Today, we are a full-scale game-making crew with several released games in the portfolio. Lately, we’ve been secretly working on something new and cool.
Our mission is to create games that delve deeper into topics like science, ecology, human-nature relationships, modern life, cruelty, and spirituality.
Intrigued? See if our job specs match your expectations, knowledge and expertise!
Your Future Missions:
- Creating high-quality textures/materials using tools, such as Substance Designer / Painter, ZBrush & Photoshop;
- Collaborating with Tech Art to develop advanced shaders and material art pipelines;
- Working closely with Environment 3D artists and Level artists to create efficient, tileable textures and smart materials in Substance;
- Building and maintaining a high-quality PBR material library;
- Working closely with the Art Director and Lead to achieve a consistent look for the visuals;
- Creating documentation supporting techniques and processes;
- Mentoring and guiding fellow artists as well as growing together as a team.
We Are Looking for a Candidate With:
- 3+ years of experience working in a game development studio as a Material Artist;
- Portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of materials using both procedural and 3D sculpted techniques;
- Expert skills in Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Zbrush & Photoshop;
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine;
- Knowledge of Autodesk Maya and/or another 3D software package (Blender would be a plus);
- Solid understanding of color theory, and be able to create balanced and appealing color palettes;
- Strong understanding of PBR standards and surface/light interactions;
- Able to work independently to a high level of quality solving visual and technical challenges.
Would be a plus:
- Architectural, Art or Technical education;
- Shipped 1+ AAA title as an material artist;
- Proficiency with Shaders;
- Ability to managing texture and shader efficiency;
- Experience leading other artists;
- Understanding of current tech possibilities and graphics trends;
- A passion for interior and architectural design.
You Will Benefit From:
- Flexible work hours;
- 18 business days of paid vacation;
- 1 paid day off on your birthday;
- 7 days of winter vacation for the entire studio;
- 3 sick leaves in a row without a doctor’s note;
- 1 paid day off on the day of donating blood;
- Medical insurance;
- English language courses;
- Comfortable office near the Olimpiyska metro station;
- Snacks, sweets and tea/coffee in the office;
- Freedom of creativity, no bureaucracy, and an awesome friendly team that helps you enhance your skills, as well as gain new knowledge and experience.
Sounds awesome? Then don’t hesitate and send your resume and portfolio via email: [email protected] or apply on our website: vgentertainment.com
It’s time to discover new gaming worlds and explore the unknown with VG Entertainment. We guarantee that it will be a super-fascinating experience, dear friend, and we’re waiting for you to join us! ;)