Fishing Planet game studio is a group of talented and dedicated people, who created a successful F2P game from scratch that is now available on 5 platforms — Steam, PlayStation, Xbox and Mobile — both iOS and Android. As for now our community has over 18 million players from all over the world and keeps growing. We constantly improve our game and provide our team with resources and environment needed to foster stable, rewarding and life-long careers while developing the best hardware-can-provide experience and atmosphere of fishing for our players.
Creation of a F2P simulator game is equal to creation of a unique universe with its own physics, graphics, complex server infrastructure, tools, etc. You will have an opportunity to challenge your skills in many areas and learn a lot.
With a strong belief that work-life balance is one of the key components of company success, we transitioned to a 4 days working week over two years ago. The work is fully remote so you can work from anywhere in the world, but there is also a comfortable office in Kyiv that you can use if you prefer. You will have 16 days of vacation each year and we strongly encourage everyone to have a proper rest and take a two weeks long vacation every year.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join us on our path of creating the best and the most realistic fishing simulator in the world. You will be responsible for coordinating with cross-functional teams, including art, engineering, design, and QA, to foster effective collaboration and communication. Your expertise in project management will enable you to develop project schedules, define milestones, allocate resources appropriately, and track project progress.
- Manage the design, development and release process across the project.
- Be the communication liaison between departments to ensure on-time delivery.
- Develop, track and communicate roadmaps, project plans, sprint backlogs, task lists and other project management systems and coordinate development activities.
- Proactively identify, report and take ownership of unblocking any day-to-day issues to keep production efficient and operational while ensuring that expectations and requirements are met.
- Lead feature teams to establish and maintain realistic sprint scope.
- Perform and refine best-practice project management techniques to ensure smooth and efficient delivery of development milestones.
- Own the team’s agile process and confidently lead all necessary Scrum ceremonies.
- Drive continuous improvement of process methodologies to support sustainable working practices, timely delivery, communication, and team health whilst staying on top of every detail.
- Ensure that project status is visible to the leadership team, providing regular updates to stakeholders at all levels and taking complete accountability for feature delivery status.
- Assist the Producer with creating and maintaining a strategic capacity roadmap for the studio.
- Mentor and coach other team members in agile practices and production software.
- A passion for gaming and a keen interest in the game development industry.
- Proven experience in project management, with a track record of successful completion, preferably in game development.
- A proactive and solution-oriented mindset, with a commitment to delivering high-quality results.
- Amazing communication skills with the ability to articulate issues, requirements, and vision.
- Ability to inspire teammates, motivate others, and achieve team deadlines.
- Proficiency in project management tools and techniques to track project progress and identify areas for improvement.
- Experience with designing, planning, and executing Product and Game roadmaps.
- Fluent in industry-standard management tools such as JIRA or similar.
- 4 days working week.
- Interesting and challenging work environment.
- Vast career development opportunities.
- Excellent compensation and benefits package.
- Fully remote work.