Stan’s Assets is progressive developers team. We are on the stage of active growth, so we are constantly enlarging our team. We are looking for an experienced 3D Artist, with a passion for games.
Who are we and what are we doing?
We have been making Games, VR /AR Application and Assets for more than 9 years already. Our projects made with Unity C#, but sometimes they can be native applications for iOS (Swift) or Android (Kotlin). Our team consists exclusively of highly qualified specialists. Working on AAA projects. Top chart Asset Store publisher since 2013.
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years of experience as environment artist in game development environment.
- Excellent knowledge of modeling tools Maya (preferable)/3ds max/Blender, Zbrush (UV layouts, retopology).
- Mastery of the PBR Pipeline for texture creation (baking tools, Substance Painter, Photoshop).
- Understanding of Stylized art style.
- Understanding of the mobile game development process.
- Experience with game engines like Unity to implement and set dress the levels.
- Excellent communication skills and organization.
- Good drawing skills. Excellent eye for color, shape and composition.
- Knowledge of art techniques for advanced optimization for mobile projects.
- Ability to understand technical implementations and limitations.
- Passion for the industry and an understanding of market trends and styles.
- Ability to work well with a team, and also organized and independent.
- Being capable of self-management, accurately estimating time to complete tasks, giving realistic, achievable timescales and managing priorities to meet deadlines.
Good to have:
- Passion for games, with an ability to critically analyze them.
- A solid work ethic, critical approach and a positive attitude in the face of challenging situations.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- A sense for level design and set dressing.
- Knowledge and Interest in the following tech-art areas:
o Rendering and Post-Effects
o Special FX.
What you’ll do:
- Create and maintain a high visual quality for in game environments, from models to textures.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and Art Director to making sure all assets aligns with the project vision.
- Work closely with the Technical Director and the programming team to help implement creative and engine-efficient art solutions for complex visual problems.
- Work with other disciplines to push what’s possible in the game engine and solve issues.
- Explore and propose smart solutions to optimize assets and also the art production pipeline.
- Help establish and maintain both aesthetic quality and technical performance standards (polycount, atlas, memory, draw calls, etc.).
What we love to see:
- Something colorful, playful and stylized.
- Something that shows your 3D skills and your understanding of topology, UV mapping and texture optimization.
- Modular environment to show your eye for composition.
- It would be great if you could show us the full process of a project and/or assignment you’ve worked on.
- And of course, we want to see your personal art style!
What do we offer:
Do you have a probation and how long is it? Yes, 3 months.
What is the work schedule? Flexible working hours, agreed with the lead. Saturday, Sunday and state holidays are days off.
Do you have overtimes? We are for work-life balance. Overtime happens rarely, but if there is such a necessity, we pay an extra rate (x1.5). Extra hours usually agreed with the lead beforehand.
Is there an opportunity for distant work? The job is totally remote.
When and how is salary paid? You will get your salary on your bank account by 10th proximo.