ABOUT THE JOB
Gunzilla Games is seeking a versatile Senior Lighting Artist to help us build our title. In this role, you will bring your lighting expertise to illuminate our game’s world.
As a Senior Lighting Artist, you will:
- Partner with art leadership to combine traditional aesthetics with next-gen lighting techniques to light a world with an inspiring and cohesive vision across a diverse range of environments.
- Take your expert-level knowledge of various lighting tools and techniques to craft lighting in modern game engines and partner with art, tech art, and engineering to integrate solutions into a production pipeline.
- Use your understanding of HDR lighting, color theory, shape, surface types, and the techniques and technologies relating to physically based rendering to help visual development.
- Work closely with the art and design departments to conceptualize and implement real-time lighting solutions that satisfy both aesthetic and gameplay objectives.
- Anticipate and work well within different production and technical constraints and understand the budgeting restrictions associated with them.
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for lighting guidelines and implementation techniques.
- 5+ years of professional experience with games/lighting/tech art in a production setting.
- Thorough understanding of real-time lighting techniques (including vertex lighting, dynamic lights, subsurface scattering, HDR, and pre-baked light map solutions).
- Excellent aptitude for troubleshooting technical issues associated with lighting, performance, tools, and pipelines.
- Able to communicate exceptionally well with programmers, designers, producers and artists.
- Self-starter and driver, great communicator, and an amazing team-player.
- Having worked through an entire production cycle and having previously shipped AAA PC or console titles in a similar role.
- You love to solve problems and you love to collaborate. Creating epic entertainment experiences is a team effort and you thrive when exploring ideas and working with others.
- Flexible Working & Work from Home
- Health Insurance
- Revenue Based Bonuses
- English / German Courses
- 25 Annual Paid Vacation & Sick Days
- Public Transportation
- Relocation & Accommodation Support
- Office Perks & Gym Membership