We are looking for a highly talented, motivated, and creative Senior Texture/Materials
Artist to work on AAA quality titles. In this role, you will define and document workflows &
processes to sustain an internal Texture and Materials pipeline in active development.
As Senior Texture/ Materials Artist, you will work with the Art and Tech Art
Department to develop advanced shaders and material art pipelines The focus will be on
closely working with Environment 3D artists and Level artists to create efficient, tileable
textures and smart materials in Substance. Ability to create environments from both detailed
concepts and a single photograph is required. A big plus is the ability to take and provide
direction from concepts or rough direction to final model/texture.
- Create realistic game-ready physically based materials to project specifications.
- Ability to document production workflows and mentor production artists.
- Build and maintain a PBR material library. Assist with maintaining technical and
- quality standards.
- Collaborate with production artists on creating materials for in-game use.
- Create organized material workflows in Substance Designer and Painter.
- Problem-solving production challenges with creative solutions.
- Review the work output of team members.
- Work with artists to revise and respond based on feedback for both aesthetic and
- functional requirements.
- At least 3 years experience as a Texture/Materials Artist.
- Portfolio demonstrating a wide variety of materials using both procedural and 3D
- sculpted techniques
- Strong understanding of PBR materials and surface/light interactions
- Expert skills in Substance Designer, Substance Painter, Zbrush & Photoshop
- Strong understanding of game development with a focus on textures and materials.
- Solid understanding of color theory, and be able to create balanced and appealing
- color palettes
- An advanced understanding of in-game and cinematic art asset creation.
- Willingness to mentor artists to achieve AAA quality work and project standards.
- Shipped 1+ AAA title as an material artist
- Photogrammetry experience.
- Experience working with external outsource vendors.
- Architectural, Art or Technical education
- Proficiency with Shaders
- Ability to managing texture and shader efficiency
- Experience leading other artists
- Understanding of current tech possibilities and graphics trends
- competitive salary & benefits package
- modern and comfortable office with lots of perks
- perfect working conditions and great team to work with
- 20-days paid vacation
- training programs
- corporate events and team buildings
- English classes
- medical insurance