Frag Lab studio is a videogames development company based in Kyiv and focused on next gen F2P MMO Shooter built with Amazon Game Tech. Our team of industry veterans is now working on a new revolutionary IP and we are looking for NOC Engineer.
This role involves 24×7 network surveillance and the buildout of monitoring networks and systems.
The NOC team manages the design and implementation of new systems and is the escalation point for complex technical problems.
- Provide technical guidance to NOC Engineers while supporting 24×7 rotational shifts.
- Check application and system health to support NOC Engineers.
- Day to day administration of Windows/Linux servers, including related applications.
- Administer monitoring services in AWS such as K8S cluster, Elastic, Prometheus, Kafka, Kibana, Grafana, 3rd party services metrics (ClickHouse, Redis, PostgreSQL)
- Record and respond to system events in accordance with established procedures.
- Correlate multiple monitoring system events and application status to ensure proper diagnosis.
- Troubleshoot and resolve system related issues.
- Determine severity and urgency of an incident and take immediate action to restore service; escalating to Engineering staff as necessary.
- Ensure established communications structure is followed during system impacting events.
- Lead and direct troubleshooting efforts during incidents.
- Ensure NOC Engineers can provide health status updates on production and development platforms.
- Look for improvements and offer recommendations to existing process and documentation.
- Protect players’ experience by applying initiative and sound judgment while adhering to established incident management tools.
- Serve as escalation point to NOC staff to support 24×7x365 coverage efforts.
- Perform control access management activities and conduct patch/remediation efforts.
- Lead and perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- Degree in CS and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience in an I.T. and/or NOC role.
- Experience with AWS EKS, Kubernetes, Docker, PostreSQL, ELK stack
- Possess a thorough understanding of High-load session based Game as Service architectural principles, operational needs and challenges
- Must understand the principles of TCP/IP based networks.
- Ability to work independently and possess superior skills in troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Strong sense of urgency with a passion for accuracy and timeliness.
- Ability to work calmly in high pressure situations and manage multiple ongoing projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and problem-solving skills.
- Thorough understanding of monitoring and reporting tools.
- Proven experience in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Self-motivated in learning and enhancing technical skills to increase job effectiveness.
- As part of the 24×7 network surveillance team, this position requires participating in 9 and/or 12-hour rotational shifts as necessary.
- Working knowledge of highly complex IT systems.
- Strong analytical thinking.
- Strong understanding of network topology and strong troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally.
- Attention to detail. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and training in Incident Management and Business Processes.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience with supporting large online environments.
- Strong background in Windows/Linux server configuration, administration, and monitoring.
- Experience with any monitoring and support tools such as: Grafana, Cloudwatch,
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities.
- Strong knowledge of networking concepts.
- competitive salary & benefits package
- modern and comfortable office with lots of perks
- perfect working conditions and great team to work with
- 28-days paid vacation
- training programs
- corporate events and team buildings
- compensation for gym, swimming pool etc.
- English classes
- medical insurance