We are seeking an experienced Middle+/Senior/Lead Level Artist to oversee the creation of highly realistic outdoor and indoor environments. Outstanding management skills, creativity and solid overview of existing methods and tools for level art are a must. You should also be able to create immersive lighting, know how to work with instancing, particles, etc. The main focus of this position is to manage the existing team of Level Artists, hire new ones, propose solutions for efficient work using the most modern tech, ensuring the quality of art and elevating the skills of the team.
You will be leading a group of artists, working closely with the Design and other Art departments, and taking a major part in the final vision and polishing of level art, to ensure the released project stands strong against competitors.
- In collaboration with the Design and Art departments, taking active participation in level creation.
- Hiring of new Level Artists.
- Support with maintaining assets/props tables.
- Take into work existing blockouts, bringing to the table creative ideas and non-standard approaches.
- Leading a team of Level Artists, assigning tasks, estimating time, quality control, tech topics support.
- Translate visual direction and make sure the team is in line with the goals and art direction.
- Reaching graphics targets.
- Contribution to establishing the processes and pipelines.
- Inspiring and mentoring other artists.
- Research: software and new tech.
- Cooperation with other teams in optimizing and polishing the locations.
- Experience as a strong Middle+, Senior, Principal or Lead Artist.
- 6+ years’ experience as a Level Artist.
- At least one AA+ project released.
- Management & soft skills.
- Excellent knowledge with AAA engines like UE4/5.
- Experience with light baking.
- In-depth knowledge about player guidance methods.
- Strong understanding of level design metrics and ability to work with constraints
- Understanding composition, shapes and silhouettes, color-coding.
- Superior eye for light.
- Experience with any 3D modeling package.
- Understanding of modular techniques.
- Understanding of resource balancing and experience in optimizing scenes — environment related performance and memory profiling.
- B2 English level will be a plus.
- Experience with Jira/Miro/Perforce.
- High proactivity.
- Artistic/architectural/engineering education or background.
- Versatility in used tools and performed tasks.
- Scripting/blueprint experience in AAA engines like UE.
- Understanding of both modern and legacy real-time rendering tech and lighting principles.
- Knowledge of additional software is a plus (ZBrush, World Machine, Speedtree, Houdini, etc.).
- Hardcore FPS gamer, high passion for games.
Why work with us?
— Unlimited paid vacation. We want our team to be well-rested and enjoy creating great games
— Full financial and legal support for freelancers. We take care of your taxes
— Medical insurance and caring management team.
At Fractured Byte, we follow ROWE principles, where we focus on the result and value the creative freedom and personal comfort of our team members. We trust each other and offer flexibility in choosing the most convenient way of cooperation for our team members, whether it’s in the office or remote work.
We are a family of creative and passionate individuals who enjoy solving complex problems and experimenting with new approaches to achieve the best results.
If you are a passionate Lead Level Artist with a love for gaming and relevant experience please apply today!